- What does this bunch of poor, feeble Jews think they are doing?
- Do they think they can build the wall in a day if they offer enough sacrifices?
- Look at those charred stones they are pulling out of the rubbish and using again!
- That stone wall would collapse if even a fox walked along the top of it.
Recognizing that the enemy doesn’t change his tactics (he’s not that orginial…), I used the enemy’s statements to Nehemiah to identify corresponding lies and attacks the enemy hurls at me. Here’s what I hear from the enemy with respect to pioneering a church and trying to restore and equip people:
- What you’re doing is a joke. You can’t do anything right — look at you! Do you think you can do this? What is “this” anyway?
- You think God is behind this? You think you can make him happy? Look at how long it’s taking — He isn’t paying any attention to you.
- There’s no hope. See — they don’t want to hear you. You don’t have anything good to work with. You really think these people can become leaders??? You really think you can help them? There is no hope for them.
- What you’ve accomplished so far is so pathetic, it can’t really be called an “accomplishment” – can it? Are you really going to keep going? It’s futile and pointless.
My task now is to identify on-point Bible verses to combat these attacks, just as Jesus did. There’s no better weapon for lies than pure truth.